In any given workplace, the staff is made up of people who have different backgrounds, experiences, skills, strengths and challenges. This diversity has the potential to create a powerful team of employees who learn from each other and use their strengths for the greater good of the organization. These differences also have the capacity to cause friction and conflict when personalities and behavior styles clash.
The Disc online test is an invaluable tool that can help your organization avoid the latter situation and achieve the former. It only takes 10 minutes to complete, yet it opens your eyes to your own personality type and how you best relate to others, and it gives you the same insight into the personalities of your colleagues and employees. The more you understand and empathize with the people you work with, the easier it becomes to communicate through misunderstandings and prevent workplace conflict.
DISC Online Test as Mediator & Facilitator
An updated version of the Golden Rule– treating others the way you would like to be treated– is the Platinum Rule — treating others the way they want to be treated. The question is: how do you know how people want to be treated unless you take the time to find out?
The DISC online test asks all the right questions to reveal the “real you”– your strengths, struggles and the kind of support and communication to which you respond best.
For the best results in your organization, have everyone take the assessment, from entry-level employees to top leadership. Each person receives his or her own home page to view detailed results and invite others to observe and respond. Encourage each department or team to share their results with their colleagues and employees and have an open conversation about their discoveries. Ask questions, and make sure everyone has a chance to talk about their own results.
- Which personality categories did you fall into (The Dominant Director, Interacting Socializer, Steady Relater or Cautious Thinker)? Do you agree?
- What are your biggest strengths? What are your biggest struggles? What are possible areas for improvement?
- What do you need in the workplace? What motivates you to do your best work?
- What is the best way to communicate with you? What tips should others keep in mind?
- Do you disagree with any of your results? Why?
- What are the biggest takeaways from this assessment?
Find out more about how the Disc online test can prevent workplace conflict in your organization.