As a manager and leader in your organization, it is essential that you stay up-to-date on resources and information that will improve your skills and advance in your career. It can be difficult to find time in your busy schedule to take classes and read books for performance improvement, but there is a convenient solution.
The Performance Report, our comprehensive professional development newsletter, is a free service that delivers useful, action-based tips to your email inbox twice a month. Each newsletter features engaging, thought-provoking content that will challenge you to excel in your current position and inspire you to reach your career goals.
What The Performance Report Has to Offer:
- Articles and interviews from authors, consultants and other experts in workplace performance
- Take a look : We interview Chester Elton, the motivational speaker and best-selling author who wrote The Carrot Principle, 24-Carrot Manager and The Invisible Employee, about effective leadership training in a struggling economy.
- Step-by-step action plans for topics that concern you as a manager
- Take a look : What are the attributes of a mindful middle manager, and what steps do you need to take to embody them? Walk through an action plan that helps you be active and improve your influencing style.
- Workplace simulations that challenge you to solve conflicts (submit your solution and win prizes each edition)
- Take a look : An employee you directly manage has made numerous errors and you have received complaints from clients and colleagues. When you tried to address the problem, she became defensive and you both exchanged angry words. What do you do to diffuse the conflict?
- Individual and group activities for hands-on learning
- Take a look : Do a brainstorming activity and take a short quiz to determine how skilled you are at delegating tasks and what areas you should work on.
- Reviews of the latest books, assessments and other resources
- Take a look : Check out this month’s featured tool, 50 Activities for Achieving Change, which contains helpful group discussions, written exercises, role-play scenarios and questionnaires.
Sign up for our top-notch professional development newsletter , and start seeing immediate results in your career.