Struggle is an unavoidable part of life. We all have times when we feel frustrated with our lives at home and at work. Fortunately, there are many different ways to relieve that struggle in your daily life.
One strategy for feeling more comfortable in the workplace is reading a professional development newsletter that will help you to understand new directions in management or might give helpful advice such as tips to improve your personal effectiveness. Or perhaps the transformation you need in your life to feel more at ease is simply increased work-life balance. Whatever is going on in your career, you may benefit from pausing to reflect on where you are currently as well as where you would like to be in the future. Perhaps having a stronger sense of direction will help you feel happier in your daily life. Take the following short quiz to evaluate how you can improve your work health and happiness.
Look Deeper at Your Career Development
1. Do you feel fulfilled in your current job?
2. What aspects of your job are most fulfilling to you?
3. Why do these areas of your work excite you?
4. What elements of your job are unsatisfying or even unpleasant to you?
5. Why are these things unpleasant for you?
6. What would you like to do more of in your work life?
7. What would you like to do less of?
8. What untapped skills, talents, and interests do you have?
9. How could you more fully tap into those areas in your home life or work life?
10. What do you see yourself doing five years from now?
11. What practical career development steps can you take to reach those goals?
12. Will your current job put you in a good position to follow your chosen path?
13. What additional training or education could best help your career development direction?
14. What free resources can you take advantage of for professional development?
15. What training will your company provide or reimburse you for?
16. Who do you most look up to as your career role model?
17.What qualities does that person possess?
18. Do you have any mentors to help guide your career progress?
19. How could you best branch out and network to gain new mentors, new clients, new colleagues, and the like?
20. What small steps can you take towards achieving your goals today?