- Set goals and expectations
- Recognize and reinforce performance that is effective
- Provide clear and timely redirection of performance or behavior that is ineffective or inappropriate
- Hear and encourage the expression of ideas and issues
- Value the unique contribution of each employee and co-worker
The bottom line result of ineffective performance management is a loss of revenue for the organization, a loss of time in searching for employee replacements and frequently, a loss of key customers. A workforce with solid communication skills and the ability to produce results and solutions is imperative for competitive strength and profitability in today’s work place.